Friday, November 23, 2007

Featured Members of the Week 11.23.07

Featured VFG Members for Week of 11-23-07

New Moon Vintage




New Moon Vintage .."New Moon Vintage specializes in quality vintage clothing spanning the Victorian era to the 1970's. Our clothing ranges from couture designer to everyday affordable casual styles. Check out our coordinating vintage accessories including jewelry, handbags and hats. Our aim is to offer unique timeless pieces that you will appreciate for many years to come. Customer service, good communication and personal attention is very important to us....."





Northstar Vintage




Northstar Vintage .. "It started in 1976 with a $1.00 a bag 4th of July rummage sale in Standish, Maine. My sister and I hit a mother lode of 50's gowns, and we were the most glamorous girls on the lake. Or so we thought.

Ever since that summer, I have been addicted to the hunt and smitten by the look and feel of vintage clothes. For nearly 30 years I have scoured thrift stores, waited out all-day auctions, excavated the back rooms of antique stores for the black crepe 50's dresses, oversized 60's leather jackets, Deco revival nylon shirts, sharp vintage hat,s and big sparkly rhinestone pieces that I love to wear."

"Sadly I had to leave a lot of things behind, because I couldn't wear them and didn't quite know what to do with them. Until I discovered the internet, and then eBay, in 1998."

"Living in Northern New England, where no one has thrown out a single item, ever, I am lucky to have access to some of the more elusive vintage items. I still come across such hard to find items as day dresses from the 30's; 40's sportswear; pre 70's men's clothing; unworn new old stock pieces; and vintage in larger, wearable sizes.

Most of my items are from the 40's through the 70's though I have become increasingly fond of 80's fashion and take the occasional foray into contemporary designer wear."

"I still get a buzz from finding something beautiful because I can pass on that experience to my buyers. I work hard at finding and listing incredible, eclectic, wearable vintage clothing, but it's complete customer satisfaction this is my ultimate goal. Every time a buyer opens a package from NorthStar Vintage I want them to experience the same excitement that I felt over 30 years ago when I found my first vintage piece...."






Past Perfect Vintage Clothing




Past Perfect Vintage Clothing.."Past Perfect features quality Antique, Collectible and Vintage clothing from the Victorian and Edwardian eras as well as the 1920s through the 1960s. We also feature designer pieces from the 1950s - 1970s, while we focus on wonderful design lines, textures and treatments. Come see us for vintage hats, dresses, shoes, accessories and even the occasional men's clothing!...."