Friday, October 26, 2007

VFG Featured Members 10.26.07

FEATURED MEMBERS OF THE WEEK


Hooti Couture


Hooti Couture .."A website and a store that share a passion for everyday vintage. It is also the website created to promote Alligators, Old Mink & New Money, One Woman's Adventures in Vintage Clothing (William Morrow, 2005), a book written by sisters Alison and Melissa Houtte.

Alison Houtte is the owner of Hooti Couture, a vintage store she has operated in Brooklyn, NY, for more than ten years and which has been featured in many publications, including the New York Times, French Vogue and New York magazine.

Melissa Houtte is an editor and writer based in San Francisco. She is the creator of hooticouture.com and a regular shopper on eBay, often buying vintage purses for resale at Hooti Couture.

Among the most popular features on hooticouture.com is a feature called "What We Like on eBay This Week," which frequently features members of the VFG."


Lucky Sparrow Vintage


Lucky Sparrow Vintage "Welcome to Luckysparrow Vintage auctions! I'm a textile obsessed gal living in the midwestern United States. I've been collecting vintage clothing, quilts and textiles since I was a teenager. Over the past couple of years, I've auctioned off part of my collection in order to pay for graduate school. I graduate in December with a degree in textile history, with a focus on historic clothing and quilts. Thanks to ebay, I've been able to pay my way through school without taking out any loans or having to get a part time job which is sort of amazing when I think about it!"

Mags Rags




Mags Rags "I have been wearing, collecting, and hoarding vintage clothing since about 1970. Although we have sold on eBay, I now have my very own website up and running. Visit the website to Get Your Glad Rags at MagsRags!"