Thursday, November 29, 2012

Ruby Lane Featured Seller Blog - Heather Ramey - Noble Savage Vintage


I am very pleased to introduce our 5th featured seller for the VFG Ruby Lane blog and here she is - Heather Ramey from Noble Savage Vintage


1. What was your first vintage acquisition and where is it now?  


My first acquisition or acquisitions were  costume jewelry pieces from my great grandmother. She was born in 1898.  There was a gorgeous pendant style necklace and earring set  from the 1920s with filigree links and blue glass stones that I still wear to parties and shows. 
   
2. What was your favorite or best buy ever?  

My favorite buy came along with my best buy ever.  I was at a general item auction where no one cared about the clothing.  It was a dream come true.  I purchased a huge lot of 1920's items.  The entire lot was just amazing, hardly worn and most with labels.  My favorite piece is a red and black voided velvet tunic which  I kept for myself.  
 
3. What was your most unusual buying experience?  


The experience above was my most unusual.  That just never happens.  
 
4. If you had a time machine which decade or year would you
choose to go back to and bring back some clothing or jewelry ? 


Most definitely the 1920's for both clothing and jewelry.  I just love everything from this period from the knit sportswear to the opulent silk and velvet evening wear.  
 
5. What are your favorite, most helpful reference
materials/sources?


 I have so many favorites, but my go to books tend to be "Everyday fashions of the..." series, which have selections from Sears catalogues. I think I have every decade that was published.  Google's book search has been very useful for finding information on companies from the Late Victorian through the Teens.  I have found some very useful product advertisements.  Of course the VFG.  
 
6. What item were you most tempted to keep that is available in
your shop right now?   


I had originally bought my green crinkle silk dress from the Early 1920's for myself, but my closet and trunks are overflowing.  LOL.  I am still thinking of pulling that one out of the shop.  I'm a sucker for green.  

Here is Heather's favorite that is in her shop right now....







Vintage Men's 1940s Double Breasted Brown Gabardine Suit



Vintage 1940s Ellen Kaye Conversational Novelty Print Dress


ca. Early 1950s French Couture Velvet and Tulle Evening Gown from Claire Comte