Thursday, December 22, 2011

Etsy VFGteam Featured Seller

Welcome to our new VFG Blog series featuring members of the VFGteam at Etsy!

You will be introduced to a different Team member in each new post. Please check out our Team Gallery page here.
 
Today's featured seller is Diana Craig Sparks and you can visit her shop bctreasuretrove here.
 
1. When did you first get interested in vintage fashion & why?

I've always loved history and fashion, so I suppose it's inevitable that the two would come together. My first love is 19th century fashions and when I had the opportunity to open an antiques shop, I thought it would be fun to offer antique clothing and jewelry. As time passed, customers would ask about other eras and one era led to another and before you knew it, I was offering clothing dating from 1840 to 1980!

2. Do you regularly wear vintage?

No. Larger sizes are hard to come by in vintage, but I do have a few dresses that I like to wear. Interestingly, they're all summer dresses so I wear those in warm weather! I do wear vintage costume jewelry on a regular basis.

3. Do you have a Holy Grail?

Oh yes! A Sybil Connolly pleated Irish linen dress. I was fortunate to have been asked to provide an appraisal of one of these dresses, so I enjoyed the opportunity to actually see and inspect one. I'm absolutely fascinated with and appreciate the construction.

4. If you could visit the atelier of any fashion designer (dead or alive), who would it be?

Charles Frederick Worth.

5. What do you see as the future of vintage?

I think it will be interesting to see what items actually survive long enough to become vintage! So much of today's clothing and jewelry is being made with inferior fabrics and materials that I wonder how much of it will still be wearable after 50 years.

6. What is your favorite item in your shop?

Barrel Shaped Purse with Raffia Decorations


Here are a few more items from Diana's shop:
 1960s Vintage Little Black Dress Party Dress Medium

Peignoir Set Sheer Cherry Red Nightgown and Robe Small


Hat Vintage 1950s Black Brown and Ivory Straw


Antiqued Gold Metal & Rhinestone Filigree Victorian Revival Bracelet