Saturday, September 19, 2009

Picasso for White Stag




I'm working on gathering info on White Stag, and to make it even more interesting I got an email from a researcher at a museum who had seen my Picasso for White Stag label on the VFG Label Resource. This museum has a blouse in the same print as my rain jacket, though their label is dated 1962 and mine is dated 1963.

According to some ads I have from 1963, White Stag secured the exclusive right to reproduce some of Picasso's work. There were at least four designs, and I'm assuming more than that. My jacket is like the parka in the ad with a different print.

The museum is currently researching the line, about which I've been able to discover practically nothing. So if any of you knowledgable readers have any information to share, I'll be glad to pass it on to the museum.


See The Vintage Traveler for more photos.



7 comments:

lucitebox said...

Oh, man! I love it! That jacket would make me happy when it rains.

thespectrum said...

WOW! That jacket makes me happy now & it's not raining...

Lizzie said...

I'm glad you all approve!

UPDATE: Thanks to my friend Amanda, part of the mystery has been solved: http://fuzzylizzie.bravejournal.com/entry/37515

Liz said...

Oh my...I happen to have one myself. It is the same as the one in the white stag ad. I was thinking of selling it...It's so cool! A woman brought it in to consign at my vintage store in Portland, Oregon. It is the same oil cloth fabric and despite washing it still looks quite filthy. Any suggestions on selling it?

Two Nice Cats said...

I have a black & white corduroy cape in a Picasso print. I was just steaming it after having forgotten about it for a year or so & found this blog post when I went online to research. I'll probably sell it as I don't get too many opportunities to wear a cape. It IS nice though.

Cindy Funkhouser said...

I have the Picasso White Stag jacket (label dated 1963). The pattern of my jacket is the very same as the pattern in the ad. I would love to find out more information about the jacket. I have owned it for more than 15 years.

Cindy Funkhouser said...

I have a Picasso Jacket with White Stag label, the exact design that is in the ad, I have been trying to find info on it for about 15 years

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin